The Roman Road
He warned me that the trip might hurt, and he was right because he started by revealing my real status before God. For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God... Romans 3:23.
Then I learned of sin's penalty. For the wages of sin is death... Romans 6:23a.
He went on to tell me that God loves me so much he offers an alternative, called 'eternal life'. ...but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23b.
Then he showed me how God provided his son Jesus as an atoning sacrifice for my sin. Jesus took my penalty! But God demonstrates his own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8.
I wondered if God would accept me. He assured me with even more good news. For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13.
My friends showed me what I should do to receive eternal life. That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9.
We prayed together, and I gladly accepted God's gift of eternal life through Jesus, I asked him is there was anything in the book of Romans that could help me with my new life. He pointed to the beginning of Romans 12:1,2 ...present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
How to be sure you have
Are you filled with the Holy Spirit?
1. Have you been born again? Rom. 10:9,10
2. Let's look at Who the Holy Spirit is: a. He is your Comforter and Teacher. He wants to help you in your everyday situations John 14:26 b. He gives you power to be a strong witness for Jesus. Acts 1:8
3. What happens when you are filled with the Holy Spirit? You can speak in other tongues. Acts 2:4
4. The Holy Spirit is already here for every born again person. You don't need to wait or work to receive Him. Acts 2:38,39
5. Your mind will not understand or gain anything from tongues. It will sound useless and foolish to the natural mind. You are speaking mysteries to God, not to yourself or other people. 1 Cor. 14:2
6. Speaking in tongues is an act of your will. God gives you the ability to do it but will not force you or do it for you. 1 Cor. 14:14,15
7. If you ask for the Holy Spirit in faith, the Father will give Him to you. Luke 11:13
8. Would you like to receive the Holy Spirit today? 9. Pray according to Luke 11:13 , ask God to fill you with the Holy Spirit. "Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I ask You to fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I receive Him from You and according to the Bible I can now pray in other tongues.”
10. Praying in tongues regularly will help to build up your faith. Jude 20
11. It is important to renew your mind according to the Bible to live a powerful life as a believer. Rom. 12:2
12. It is important to be baptized in water if you haven't been already. Acts 10:48